Friday 28 October 2011

Online Dating

I heard the other day that 1 in 5 relationships now start online.

Problem is where I live there really is only one online dating option - plenty of fish or pof.  Which is sketchy.  Probably because its free.

I tried eHarmony a few months ago.  A friend of mine in Toronto is trying it and she gets like 20 matches a day.  You can get matched for free so I thought what the heck.  I at least wanted to see if its worthwhile in my small neck of the woods.

The verdict was no.  I got 5-10 matches a day and after about 5 days I was getting no matches with 1000 miles from where I live.  And I am not a long distance girl (see the previous post for my feelings on that).  Thank god I didn't pay!

So its back to pof for me!  I do know successful relationships and marriages that have come from the site.  I was maid of honor at a pof wedding last fall.  So it does work but you have to be careful and picky.  I might want to get it on but I'd at least like them to stay around for awhile after.  No bail immediately.  I know people who've had that experience with pof as well.

This time I'm giving it an honest try.  Unlike a few months ago when the only reason I was on there was to see how often the assclown was on there.  This went on for 2 months before I finally got the hint.  Well not really as his disinterest in a relationship was said to my face.

Good news is I already have a date for next week!  Yeah me!

No comments:

Post a Comment