Wednesday 26 October 2011

The Block

I was told this months ago but a co-worker that when faced with hurt the best thing to do is cut that person out of your life.  In this age of social media that can be harder than ever.  Your friends with them (and their friends) on facebook, you follow them on twitter and they are on your gchat (or msn or whatever).  It so easy to continue to hold onto the past by looking at what they are doing and wondering if they are thinking about you.

You have to do the block.


Delete their number from your cell phone.  Delete all the messages.  Block their facebook and you don't have to see their name.  Block some of their friends if that's what it takes.  Block them on gchat or msn or whatever.  Do whatever it takes.  Don't be friends with them.

I think it was easier back in the day when the only way to find out what someone was up to was from their friends.  I hang onto past hurts.  I still remember things people did to me years ago.  That is not healthy.  I read a quote on facebook today that if someone hurts you just smile and thank them for the opportunity to meet someone better.

No comments:

Post a Comment